Inspection services are available for all types of lifting equipment, including lifts and hoists, escalators, cranes and all types of lifting machinery and lifting accessories.
- Free impartial advice by phone – whether you have one item, or 100’s
- Statutory equipment survey to identify inspection requirements (for an agreed fee)
- No-obligation quote for the identified LOLER inspection requirements.
- Inspection Service reminder contract and schedule
- Inspections by qualified, professional engineers, by appointment
- Immediate feedback if any serious defects are identified Summary and review of any queries arising from the inspection, at the end of the visit
- Written reports by post or via our online portal reporting system
- Mainline Lifting Equipment will manage the LOLER inspection schedule for you and let you know well in advance when inspections are due
What items require LOLER Inspection Certification?
A LOLER inspection or thorough examination (LOLER regulation 9) must be completed on all lifting equipment.
The LOLER definition of lifting equipment includes any equipment used at work for lifting or lowering loads, including attachments used for anchoring, fixing or supporting it.
The LOLER test regulations cover a wide range of equipment including:
- overhead cranes
- Runway beams
- Jib cranes
- Spreader beams
- The definition of equipment requiring lift certification also includes lifting gear testing and accessories such as chains, slings, eye bolts etc.